65 Plus Health Plans logo

Part B of Medicare (Medical)

Medicare Part B covers medical expenses like doctor’s visits, diagnostic tests, and other outpatient care. Part B also covers preventive care. There is an annual deductible of $240, and after the deductible is met, Medicare only covers 80% of Part B medical expenses, leaving you with 20% coinsurance. You pay a monthly premium for your Part B coverage. The Part B premium for 2024 is $174.70. If your income exceeds a certain amount, your premium could be higher.

Some Examples of Medical Services Covered by Part B

  • Diagnostic Testing and Laboratory Tests
  • Outpatient Surgery
  • Radiation and Chemotherapy Treatments
  • Physical, Speech, and Occupational Therapy
  • Durable Medical Equipment like walkers, wheelchairs, oxygen equipment, hospital beds and other equipment
  • Prosthetics
  • Kidney Dialysis
  • Drugs Typically Administered in a Doctor’s Office
  • Mental Health Services
  • Emergency Room Care
  • Ambulance Services
  • Preventive Services such as screenings, flu shots, hepatitis B shots, pneumococcal shots and COVID-19 vaccines 

What Services Are Not Covered by Medicare

  • Long-Term Care in a Nursing Home
  • Dental care
  • Glasses or contacts
  • Cosmetic surgery
  • Acupuncture or experimental treatments and procedures
  • Hearing aids
  • Routine foot care
  • Medical care in foreign countries

Request a Consultation

Or

Fill Form Out this Form

"*" indicates required fields

Full Name*